Sunday, November 26, 2006

Race over. Broadcast over. Last GTP race in the books.

Hi all!

Didn't have the energy to post after my second stint.

When I was going in for the second stint I found out that the first and second gear had gone and we where down to 3 gear. No problem really and I was soon on the track making progress. I was doing a 3 fuel run and was tired afterwords. Got the car into top ten and kept it safe and sound.

After that I did get something to eat and when I returned we where down to 2 gears. 4:th and 5:th. My team mate did a short stint and I adjusted the gearing in my setup. Back out on the track for a single fuelstint. Kept the 10:th place and was doing 3.46-47. Back into the pits for a driver change. My team mate got into the car and drove off.

After about 25 minutes the disaster hit, he was trying to get out of the way after a puncture and
did a long U-turn and was DSQ for driving in the wrong direction. So the final result for us this time:

10th place, 3 places better than last time out. And we were the best jaguar in the field.

Congratulations to Vader Trophy for first and Sim Racing for Holland for second and third place in the race. Awesome guys.

Good bye GTP, I will miss you, sort of, but not your unforgiving physics and car behavior.
Onwards toward rFactor.

No comments: